VAGSG Community

Go Back   VAGSG Community > Anything Under the Sun > Tok Cok Sing Song

Old 16-07-12, 09:44 AM
High Revving Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochmanp View Post
Where is the best place to buy in Singapore? Can be either online or in a shop.

Thanks
Go to Queensway Shopping Centre. Seng Li Optics, #01-36. Tel: 6472 7831. I bought 2 sets of M frames from them, so far, no problem. Shop carries a wide range of Oakleys and service is top notch. BTW, there is no discount for the Oakleys. At most they give you freebies such as Oakley "software" (a soft jacket cum cleaning cloth).
Old 16-07-12, 10:11 AM
Qualified Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeter View Post
Go to Queensway Shopping Centre. Seng Li Optics, #01-36. Tel: 6472 7831. I bought 2 sets of M frames from them, so far, no problem. Shop carries a wide range of Oakleys and service is top notch. BTW, there is no discount for the Oakleys. At most they give you freebies such as Oakley "software" (a soft jacket cum cleaning cloth).
I second that... Bought all my Oakleys there... My friends also give good reviews...
Old 16-07-12, 10:16 AM
Advanced Driver

thanks for all of your suggestions. i might try Pearls Optical at Jurong but will call them first to see if they have it in stock and what price. I can get New Wayferers Polarised (black/grey) for $238 at Sunglass Hut after the 15% discount.
Old 16-07-12, 10:48 AM
High Revving Driver

Keep me updated too! I'm also looking for a pair of sunnies. Bought my last pair (Emporio Armani) from Seng Li, which was mentioned earlier, and they carry and decent range of brands (both specs frames and sunnies). But that's only because I used to live near Queensway Shopping Centre. Am sure there are other retailers that i can choose from.
Old 16-07-12, 10:52 AM
Qualified Driver

i interested to get the foldable Wayfarer (non polarised, gradient brown) ... saw one selling $274 at vivocity .. will try out Pearls Optical, Qway and online to see if i can get it cheaper.
Old 16-07-12, 10:54 AM
Advanced Driver

Quote:
thanks for all of your suggestions. i might try Pearls Optical at Jurong but will call them first to see if they have it in stock and what price. I can get New Wayferers Polarised (black/grey) for $238 at Sunglass Hut after the 15% discount.
i got exactly the same a couple of years back. i just did a quick check for you Amazon is selling at USD110 now and landed will be less than SGD170 and that is at least another 28% savings on top on your 15% discount.
Old 16-07-12, 11:18 AM
Advanced Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistereduser View Post
i got exactly the same a couple of years back. i just did a quick check for you Amazon is selling at USD110 now and landed will be less than SGD170 and that is at least another 28% savings on top on your 15% discount.
Yes Amazon is definitely cheaper. USD110 plus USD delivery say USD15 plus SG delivery SGD20 will be SGD185. Reasonable saving compared to SGD238 but taking the risk and delay plus no viable option for warranty nor refund. So will buy locally here.

Called up Pearls Optical but after discount it's SGD270 so it's more expensive than at Sunglass Hut. My wife ordered a pair for herself online at about SGD225 so again better to buy retail I think.
Old 16-07-12, 11:18 AM
Advanced Driver

Quote:
bro...the Pearl's Optical I'm referring to is at People's Park. Very friendly uncle boss and plenty of female staff to serve you. Discounts? no problem!
Old 16-07-12, 11:20 AM
Banned

Hi TS, I created the same thread as you before

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/84612-...ayban-sunglass

and the reply that i got from many recommendations are also Pearl Optical and I have called up and check the price on the phone. Price quoted is indeed quite good and when asked whether any further discount,need to come down and talk to the boss for special discount if serious buyer & i guess still can give slight discount bah.

I have checked and there are 2 Pearl Opticals in Singapore(One in Hougang and one in Chinatown) & I called up the one at Chinatown.

Just sharing.................
Old 16-07-12, 05:55 PM
Advanced Driver

I went to a few stores plus did a bit of calling around and I have a large variation in quotes for the Ray Ban New Wayfarer glossy black with grey polarized lens RB2132-901 55mm. Cheapest RRP was $280 at Sunglass Hut Vivo to most expensive at $450. Others were ranging in the 300s to low 400s. What gives? Why there is a large range of retail prices before discounts? Are they all referring to the same model? Are any PI or fakes? With discount the cheapest is $238 at Sunglass Hut Vivo. But online at Amazon can get for like $185 landed here.